Joe Biden: An Attack on Ukraine would be the "Biggest Invasion" since World War II
A possible Russian invasion of Ukraine could be the “biggest invasion” since World War II, given Russia's massive military presence near the Ukrainian border, US President Joe Biden was quoted as saying by the DPA.
Such an event could change the world, the president told reporters. Biden warned that Russian President Vladimir Putin “continues to gather troops along the Ukrainian border from Belarus.”
Asked if he would consider taking the unusual step of imposing sanctions directly on Putin if Russia invades Ukraine, Biden said yes, according to Reuters.
The President stressed that US troops in Ukraine will not be deployed.
Yesterday, a senior US government official said Washington and its allies were preparing for a possible reduction in Russian gas supplies to Europe in case of escalation in Ukraine.
We are working with countries and companies around the world to ensure security of supply and mitigate the price shock affecting both Americans and the global economy, he said.
Follow Novinite.com on Twitter and Facebook
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 400 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv admits that Russian Forces made Progress in Bakhmut
- » Day 399 of the Invasion of Ukraine: VSU hit Russian Occupied Melitopol multiple times
- » Day 398 of the Invasion of Ukraine: First British Challenger Tanks have arrived in Ukraine
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Day 397 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv wants Emergency UN Meeting over Putin’s Nuclear Plans
- » Day 396 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia will deploy Tactical Nukes in Belarus