Bulgarian Minister of Justice: A Mechanism for Temporary Removal of the PG being Considered
The best way to solve the problem of seeking responsibility from the Prosecutor General is to change the Constitution. A mechanism for the temporary removal of the Prosecutor General while the investigation is underway is being considered. This was said by the Minister of Justice Nadezhda Yordanova during a meeting of the Committee on Constitutional and Legal Affairs.
According to her, a specific mechanism is provided for the selection of an investigating magistrate to investigate data on a crime committed by the Prosecutor General.
"This investigating magistrate must have guarantees that the chief prosecutor will not interfere in his work," Nadezhda Yordanova added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: WCC-DB demanded that Peevski leave the Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- » Bulgaria: MPs unanimously Adopted an Additional Extension of the Budget
- » Greek Media: Bulgaria has requested Greek Aircraft to Protect its Skies
- » New Defense Minister believes it is Extremely Important for Bulgaria to provide Military Aid to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria: Delyan Peevski became a Member of the Commission on Constitutional Affairs
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament rejected a Proposal to Terminate the Defense Cooperation Agreement with the US