It will take about Two Weeks to Evaluate the New Strain “Omicron”, said US Chief Epidemiologist
U.S. Chief Epidemiologist and Infectious Diseases Specialist Dr. Anthony Fauci reports to President Joe Biden that final information on the new version of the coronavirus Omicron will be available in two weeks, Reuters reported.
Biden was briefed on the new version of his coronavirus crisis headquarters after returning to Washington at the end of the US holiday weekend. Experts expect Omicron to reach the United States despite a ban on visitors from South Africa.
Fauci stressed that he believes existing vaccines protect against the severe course of coronavirus disease. The experts reiterated their recommendation that vaccinated people receive booster doses.
In addition to South Africa, cases of the Omicron variant have been confirmed in Australia, Belgium, Botswana, the United Kingdom, Germany, Denmark, Israel, Italy, Canada, the Netherlands, France, Hong Kong and the Czech Republic.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » WHO: Monkeypox is Not a Cause for Concern
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 236 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Exactly 100 New Cases of COVID-19 have been Registered in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 293 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Belgium has introduced Quarantine for Monkeypox