Heavy Rains in Scotland and England: Completely Impassable Streets in Glasgow
Glasgow was flooded just days before the opening of the climate change summit. Serious floods were caused by torrential rains in south-west Scotland and north-west England.
In Scotland's largest city, some streets have become completely impassable after heavy rains. Public transport was seriously damaged, trains were canceled.
The light show at the city's Botanical Garden has been canceled. The situation is critical in many parts of North West England and South West Scotland.
The northern English county of Cumbria, home to the Lake District National Park, which is especially popular now during students' autumn holidays, has been hit hard.
The Meteorological Service announced an orange code for a number of areas with a forecast to pour the normal amount of rain for a month in just 48 hours.
There may be a power failure in some places.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Rain in 10 Provinces, Strong Wind in 5
- » Yellow and Orange Wind Codes in almost all of Bulgaria
- » Owner of Patagonia Donated All Profits to Save the Planet
- » Yellow Code for Strong Winds in 12 Regions of Bulgaria for September 12
- » More than 3000 Lightnings fell in an hour in Bulgaria - Stara Zagora and Karlovo are Flooded
- » Bulgaria is Threatened with a Fine of an Eight Figure Sum in Euros because of Landfills