Powerful Earthquake in Pakistan, Dozens of Deaths Reported
At least 20 people have been killed in an earthquake in Pakistan. 200 people were also injured, authorities said. The quake had a magnitude of 5.9. The epicenter was about 100 kilometers east of the city of Quetta, in Baluchistan province.
The victims are mainly women and children, rescuers say.
Many people were still asleep during the quake. More than a hundred mud houses have collapsed as a result of the quake. Hundreds of residents in the city of Harnai became homeless as a result.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Serbia votes in favor of EU-backed judicial reform, Vucic himself announces result
- » China has called for no imports because of Omicron
- » The deadline for a scheduled vaccination of Greeks over 60 has expired, 90% have been vaccinated
- » From 1 February: Green certificates over 9 months become invalid for travel in Europe
- » More than half a million Israelis have been immunized with a fourth dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- » NATO Secretary General says alliance will not agree to withdraw troops from member states