Bulgarian Politicians' Populist Rhetoric Hinders Vaccination Rollout
Politicians are extremely timid to support vaccines so as not to lose voters who are against immuno prophylaxis, lawyer Maria Sharkova, a medical law specialist, told BNR. "This is an extremely unpleasant problem, because the election cascade has put us in a situation where politicians say convenient things to attract voters, without caring that this rhetoric has a serious impact on public health," the expert added.
Anyone who is not vaccinated contributes to the difficulty of accessing medical care in overcrowded hospitals in a pandemic, Sharkova stressed./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Professor Hristova: The Peak of the Summer Wave of COVID-19 in Bulgaria is expected in August
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 866 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 942 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » The Incidence of COVID-19 Worldwide increased in June for the First Time in half a year
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 183 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Pfizer: A New Wave of the Pandemic is Beginning