Bulgarian Police Intercept Illegal Gold Sluicing along the Struma River
Illegal gold sluicing was intercepted during a police inspection along Struma river in the region of Nevestino village near Kyustendil in Western Bulgaria.
A judicial inquiry has been initiated for illegal extraction of natural resources. A backhoe and an improvised sifting installation were used in the process. This is not the first instance of illegal gold extraction in the region.
Geologists and mining specialists say that 1 gram of crude unprocessed gold is obtained by sluicing of 3 cubic metres of sand./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend