Scientist Developed Technology that turns Coffee Grounds into Alcohol
The taste of the drink resembles that of beer
Scientists from the National University of Singapore have developed a system for converting coffee grounds into alcohol, according to the school's website.
According to experts, the alcoholic beverages obtained in this way are saturated with biologically active substances and amino acids.
Researchers note that the world produces 10 million tons of coffee each year as the drink's consumption increases. The precipitate is formed in the process of its preparation.
Coffee waste can be harmful to the environment due to its phenolic content. The sludge is also rich in carbohydrates, lipids and proteins.
Looking for a way to utilize it, Singaporean experts have developed and patented a technology for converting coffee grounds into alcoholic beverages with different flavors. Their taste is somewhat reminiscent of beer, but at the same time there are fruity, colorful and roasted notes.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is Threatened with a Fine of an Eight Figure Sum in Euros because of Landfills
- » Because of the Climate, the US Senate approved the "Biggest Investment in History"
- » Europe and the US in Sweltering Heat, 50 Degrees in Iraq
- » Over 1,000 killed in Spain's Heatwave
- » Bulgaria: The Weather will get Hotter in the coming days
- » Bulgaria: Extreme Danger of Fires Today