Economy Minister: I Received Confirmation That Proves I am Not a Canadian Citizen
“I have received confirmation that I am not a Canadian citizen. The Canadian authorities informed me on Friday that the documents proving this fact had been sent to the Canadian Embassy in Romania, where they could be obtained from me.”
This was stated by the Caretaker Minister of Economy Kiril Petkov in his statement.
“Respecting the principle of full transparency of my actions as Minister of Economy in the Cabinet and due to the incessant interpretations in the media, I provide a copy of my statement of intent to renounce Canadian citizenship, filed on 21.04.2021”, said the statement from the Ministry of Economy.
“With that, I put an end to all speculation and debate about my dual citizenship. Bulgaria is my homeland and I, as before, will continue to defend the interests of all honest Bulgarian citizens,” said Kiril Petkov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend