Eyewitness Account of a Bulgarian Who Managed to Leave Afghanistan
Krasi Panchev is currently in a refugee camp in Qatar and expects to return to Bulgaria.
Thousands tried to leave Afghanistan after the Taliban seized power in Kabul. However, not all succeeded. Several Bulgarians also found themselves in the country. One of them managed to evacuate by military plane and is currently in a refugee camp at the US base in Qatar.
"There are about 700 people in the camp, and they keep coming, the number is growing by the hour. There are 4-5 people living in a room, the hygiene is low because it is not possible to clean so many people. The situation is miserable, "said Krasi Panchev, who has worked at the EU's diplomatic mission in Kabul for four years.
His last task was to evacuate all mission personnel and he did.
"We are in contact with the Foreign Ministry and our consul in Qatar, they are trying to take us out through various channels, because we are not typical refugees, just because of the circumstances we found ourselves in this camp. "It's all a matter of diplomacy to get us out of here," he said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 70 Diplomats and Employees of the Russian Embassy are Leaving Bulgaria
- » Expelled Russian Diplomats are Leaving Bulgaria with their Families: 2 Flights are Taking Out more than 160 People Today
- » Ambassador Mitrofanova will Propose to Putin the Closure of the Russian Embassy in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria will not Fulfill the Russian Ultimatum
- » Black Smoke over the Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgarian MFA: Calls for Support for the Russian Military are Absolutely Unacceptable