Forest Fired Spill over to France
French firefighters battled on Tuesday to contain a large wildfire in the southern region of Var, news wires reported. According to Reuters, Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin would visit the area to monitor the situation. He was cited as saying that any reinforcements needed would be sent as quickly as possible to protect the population.
Authorities urged people to stay well away from the blaze, near the village of Gonfaron, about 50 km west of the Riviera tourist town of St Tropez. Firefighting planes carrying water are being sent to the area, where around 5,000 hectares of land have been burnt and campsites been evacuated, a local government official said. The Var fire service published an image on its Twitter account showing the sky glowing bright red with flames in the early hours of Tuesday.
Waves of extreme heat have hit much of the Mediterranean region in recent weeks. Two wildfires, fanned by strong winds, raged out of control near Athens on Monday, forcing the evacuation of villages./Europost
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season
- » Two-Way Flight Sofia-Ruse for BGN 60-70 after February 2022
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Bulgarian Government Negotiations: Health Care Reform is Needed
- » The Guardian: Brexit through the Eyes of a Strawberry Picker from Bulgaria
- » Protests in Turkey over the Collapse of the Turkish Currency