Bulgaria: ITN Withdraws Nomination of Justice Minister
“For personal reasons, the candidate for Minister of Justice Momtchil Ivanov has withdrawn,” Plamen Nikolov, nominated by ITN for prime minister announced at a press conference in parliament.
“His dignity prevents him from going on after everything he went through, all the statements and press publications,” Plamen Nikolov explained.
The withdrawal comes mere hours before ITN party will hand the government-forming mandate to President Rumen Radev, fulfilled or not.
“Democratic Bulgaria” co-chairman Hristo Ivanov commented that the withdrawal changes nothing and that “the very fact that such a candidate was possible in the first place continues to be a fact.”
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian-Greek Gas Connection was officially launched in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Burgas Airport with a 70% increase in Passengers compared to 2021
- » Radev and Aliyev discussed Bulgarian Enterprises receiving Gas directly from Azerbaijan
- » Foreign Leaders will arrive in Bulgaria for the Opening Ceremony of the Interconnector with Greece
- » Europe is preparing for a Shut Down of Mobile Networks this Winter
- » What is EBRD's Economic Forecast for Bulgaria