Bulgarian Judges Association Demanded Resignation of Entire Supreme Judicial Council
The Bulgarian Judges Association (BJA) has demanded the resignation of the entire Supreme Judicial Council (SJC). In a letter to SJC's plenum, BJA lists a series of reasons for the demanded resignation.
Among the reasons, the BJA states "SJC's responsibility for the election of a prosecutor general whose moral and professional qualities had been questioned even before his election to the post," "instances of reputational damage of the justice, including on the part of the Prosecutor General and the Justice Minister concerning allegations about anti-constitutional influence on appointment decisions in respect of court presidents". BJA argues that the SJC has not shown in the slightest that it has the will and competence to engage in an open and earnest discussion about the actual measurement indicators of the independence of the judicial power./BTA
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) Reports steep Decline in Passengers
- » Bulgaria Restaurateurs Brace for Further Protests against Anti-covid Restrictions
- » What Is in Focus of Bulgaria's New Interim Government
- » Political Parties Do Not Disclose Their Presidential Candidates for Fear of Unleashing Smear Campaign
- » Bulgaria's Labor Market during Pandemic as Reflected by Tuk-Tam Career Hive Forum
- » Current Anti-Covid Measures are Here to Stay, despite Protests