Caretaker Cabinet Will Purchase Medicopters
Bulgaria has finally set in motion the purchase of medical helicopters after it has been for years without air ambulances for emergency.
"The issue has been resolved - the project parameters and the overall assessment have been prepared, the program has been developed and submitted for funding in the EU Recovery and Sustainability Plan."
This was announced by the Minister of Health Stoycho Katsarov at a press conference.
He pointed out that it is planned to purchase 6 helicopters, as well as the construction of helicopter landing sites in 15-20 medical institutions.
"The whole procedure has been launched, funding has been secured, documentation has been prepared. If things are not delayed for any unforeseen reasons, we should have a functioning emergency air assistance system by the end of 2024," he said.
According to preliminary data, the helicopters will cost about BGN 50-60 million.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Eurouropean Parliament Prepares to Cut Ties wih Russia
- » Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) Reports steep Decline in Passengers
- » EU Scoffs at Balkan Mini Schengen
- » GERB Would again Become Bulgaria's First Poltical Force if Elections Were now - Gallup International
- » Bulgaria Restaurateurs Brace for Further Protests against Anti-covid Restrictions
- » Diplomatic Gaffe: Biden Appeared to Forget Name of Australian Prime minister