Bulgaria’s Golden Girls Shine Bright at EChVarna 2021
The Bulgarian women's rhythmic gymnastics team won a gold medal in the senior group 5 balls final of the Varna 2021 European Championships in Rhythmic Gymnastics.
Simona Dyankova, Madlen Radukanova, Laura Traets, Stefani Kiryakova and Erika Zafirova, who ranked fifth in the all-around Saturday, performed an outstanding routine on Sunday. Vesela Dimitrova and Mihaela Maevska's girls scored 47.500 points, 38.6 for difficulty and 8.9 for execution.
The silver goes to European all-round champion Russia, with 47.275 points, followed by Israel with 46.150 points.
This is the first gold medal for Bulgaria in the championship. Boryana Kaleyn won the silver in the individual all-around on Saturday, in addition to silvers in the junior group all-around, and the 3 hoops and 2 pairs of clubs final.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?
- » Team Bulgaria will take 13 Athletes to the MMA World Championship in Serbia