North Macedonia Opposition Demands from PM Zoran Zaev to Reveal Details of Talks with Bulgaria
North Macedonia’s largest opposition party, VMRO-DPMNE, has set up roadblocks in Skopje and about 10 other cities across the country, demanding the government release details of a roadmap being negotiated between Prime Minister Zoran Zaev and Bulgaria, Skopje Diem reported.
The party in opposition wants to force the ruling structure to tell the public what is being negotiated with Bulgaria and the type of concessions that are being offered.
According to VMRO-DPMNE, if the authorities accept the conditions in the Bulgarian Declaration in the negotiations with the EU, it will then become a European, not a bilateral problem.
The party’s president, Hristijan Mickoski, said his party had to react because Zaev would otherwise accept everything, adding that the blockades will continue until the PM is forced to give up on his plan to make new concessions to Bulgaria.
“The protests of the desperate and idea-less VMRO-DPMNE experienced a debacle throughout the country. Barely 13 vehicles with 14 people, that is the average of today’s ‘protests’,” the governing party SDSM responded.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: There is Real Danger that within 3-4 years We will Not be Able to Carry Out our Combat Duty Alone
- » Former Bulgarian PM: It would be Tragic to Give Up Liquefied Gas and Pay in Rubles
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?
- » Bulgaria’s President: An Active Information Campaign is Needed for the Machine Vote
- » Bulgaria: The Ministry of Economy will Unblock Arms Exports for BGN 1 Billion
- » Priorities of the Ministry of Internal Affairs: The Fight against Vote Buying, Road Safety and Domestic Crime