Nigeria Suspends Twitter
Nigeria said on Friday it had indefinitely suspended Twitter’s activities, two days after the social media giant removed a post from President Muhammadu Buhari that threatened to punish regional secessionists.
Information Minister Lai Mohammed said the government had acted because of "the persistent use of the platform for activities that are capable of undermining Nigeria's corporate existence".
Mohammed did not spell out what form the suspension would take or give more details on the undermining activities. His ministry also announced Twitter's suspension on Twitter.
As of the early hours of Saturday, Twitter's website was inaccessible in Nigeria on some mobile carriers, while its app and website worked on others, according to Reuters tests in Lagos and Abuja.
Twitter is investigating its "deeply concerning" suspension of operations by the Nigerian government, and "will provide updates when we know more," the company said in a statement./reuters
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » New Protest in North Macedonia, familiar Chants against Bulgaria
- » EU: Trust in Institutions continues to Fall despite declining Unemployment and phasing out of Pandemic Restrictions
- » The EC approved Bulgaria to Receive over BGN 32 Billion (EUR 16.4) for 7 years
- » Von der Leyen: Europe should prepare to Stop Gas Supplies from Russia
- » Erdogan: We are Close to a Deal for the Transport of Grain through the Black Sea
- » Boris Johnson is Fighting for his Political Survival