Nearly 700 kg of Heroin Seized in Sliven - GDBOP
The General Directorate Combating Organized Crime and Bulgaria’s Prosecutor’s Office have seized a large quantity of heroin, this country’s Prosecutor General Ivan Geshev announced on Twitter. Geshev placed the Bulgarian and the U.S. national flags under his announcement and added that “this has been a joint operation between Bulgaria and its international partners.”
The narcotic substance was found in a warehouse in the town of Sliven (Southeastern Bulgaria). The seized heroin is expected to weigh more than 600 kilograms. At a press conference, the spokeswoman for the Prosecutor General’s Office, Siika Mileva, explained that the heroin was mixed with marble.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend