Ex-President of Albania Denied Entry to US over Corruption
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken has officially denied a request for entry in to the US by former Albanian president Sali Berisha.
“Today, I am announcing the public designation of Sali Berisha, former President, Prime Minister and Member of Parliament of Albania, due to his involvement in significant corruption,” Blinken said in a statement.
Berisha’s time as prime minister of Albania was marred with allegations of corruption including misappropriation of public funds and using his power to enrich his political allies and his family members.
Just recently, US ambassador to Albania, Yuri Kim, called on the Albanian opposition to recognise the results of the 25 April elections, and commended their decision to re-enter parliament after more than two years of boycott
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Asen Vassilev: The Expectations are that there will be a Government next week
- » New Speaker of Parliament: Our Goal is to make Politics in a New Way, in the Right Way
- » Anti-Vaxers Chased Kiril Petkov to his home in Sofia (Video)
- » Overview: The Inauguration of 47th National Assembly. New Chairman and Promises of Change
- » Council of Europe expects Urgent Reduction in the Influence of the Bulgarian Prosec. Gen. on the SJC
- » The Bulgarian President announced when Consultations on forming a Cabinet will Begin