Six Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria's Rhodope Region in 24 Hours
A total of six weak earthquakes were registered on the territory of Smolyan region on May 12 and 13. According to data from the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography (NIGGG) of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, the strongest of these six earthquakes had a magnitude of 2.9 on the Richter scale and was recorded at 1.20am on May 13. The earthquake’s epicenter was 9.1 kilometers to the northeast of the town of Dospat and 137 kilometers from Sofia.
There are no reports that the earthquakes in Smolyan region were felt on the territory of the country, inform seismologists from NIGGG-BAS.
Two light earthquakes were recorded in the country on Thursday. One was in Dobrich and had a magnitude of 2.1 on the Richter scale, according to a reference on the website of the National Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography (NIGGG) of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS). The quake was recorded at 7:18 a.m. this morning.
There was also a slight tremor in the region og Dospat at 7:30 am measuring 2,7 on the Richter scale at a depth of 2 km.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Army Joins Fight against Large Forest Fire near Tvarditsa
- » Bad Road Accident between Romanian vehicles Left 2 Dead in Ruse
- » Police Chase and Car Crash Closed Temporarily Trakya Motorway
- » Bulgaria: Unmarked Police Car Hit Child on Crosswalk,Who Later Died in Hospital
- » Floods in Germany: Over 90 People Killed, 618 Injured in Ahrweiler District
- » Report Released on Most Likely Version for MiG-29 Crash in June