Director of Bulgarian National TV Opposes Elections Date
“As far as I understand, it's very likely that the election will be held on will be July 11th. This is the date of the finals of the European Football Championship, EURO 2020. BNT has purchased the rights to broadcast it for big money. We also have a contract with UEFA that obliges us to broadcast a certain number of matches, finals, semi-finals, etc.,”Director of BNT Emil Koslukov wrote on his Facebook page.
And if this so far affects only BNT, then the football fans in Bulgaria are hundreds of thousands, probably even a million more Bulgarians will want to watch the finals. Maybe it's not a bad idea to chose another Sunday for the election, either the previous Sunday, July 4th or the next one, the 18th. Of course, BNT will comply with any decision on the date of the election, we just ask the authorities to think about our arguments, those of the television and of the fans.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend