Bulgaria: School Year to Be Extended for Most Students
For all students the school year will end in attendance after the completion of exams for school-leavers. External assessment and graduation exams will take place in schools and no study material will be dropped, outgoing Education Minister Krasimir Valchev said during his visit to Veliko Tarnovo.
"The school year is extended for children from the first through sixth grade", Valchev said, as quoted by BNR.
"Those 303 schools, which chose in December not to study, to carry out project activities, will now study in June, and the rest will offer extracurricular activities.
Probably more students will be subject to the so-called compensatory training - this is the additional training aimed to overcome educational difficulties," the outgoing minister explained.
"The external assessment and the graduation exams for students of 4th, 7th, 10th and 12th grades will be held in-person. There is no trimmed down curriculum set against previous years", Valchev said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Health Minister: We Want to Return the Young Students to Class Next Week
- » Bulgaria: What are the Measures Needed to Get the Children back to School
- » Sofia: Young Students to go Online from Monday, the Rest - from Tomorrow
- » BG Ministry of Education: 20% of Absent Students are Grounds for Transition to Distance Learning
- » Education Minister: I will Support a Green Certificate at Schools, if there is such a Decision
- » Bulgaria: 11 Antigen Tests Approved to be Given to Children at Schools