Saharan Dust Will Cover Greece, Bulgaria over Easter
The warm spell in the days around Easter is the cause of another advection of Saharan dust, forecast Greek meteorologists.
The warm air sweeping in from the southwest will bring a large cloud of Saharan dust from North Africa, which will blanket much of southern Europe. The dust will cover the southern half of Italy, the countries along the Adriatic coast, Greece and Bulgaria.
Dust concentration will begin to increase in the middle of the week and will last a day or two after Easter, Nova TV reported. Then a cold atmospheric front will cross the Balkans, carrying the dust cloud to the east-southeast.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World Bee Day - Opportunity to Discuss the Challenges of Bee Preservation and Activities for their Survival
- » The European Court of Justice has Sued Bulgaria for its Air Quality
- » Earth Day 2022: Saving the Planet
- » Bulgaria’s Recovery and Sustainability Plan has been finally approved by Brussels
- » Orange Code for Stormy and Strong Winds in Bulgaria
- » Svilengrad on its Way to Becoming the First Bulgarian Zero Waste Certified City