Shock in Turkey - Another Turkish Crypto Exchange, Vebitcoin, Stops Trading
Turkish-based crypto exchange Vebitcoin announced that it had halted trading activities on its platform.
“Recent developments in the cryptocurrency sector have led to an intensity in our transactions. This causes delays in responding to your withdrawal requests and support emails. Your transactions can take longer than expected. FYI,” Vebitcoin said in a statement.
On Thursday, Turkish cryptocurrency exchange Thodex abruptly halted trading on Wednesday citing an unspecified partnership transaction, spurring complaints from users who can’t access their digital assets.
Allegedly, Thodex CEO Faruk Fatih Özer left the country last evening and deleted his social media accounts.
One estimate put the locked-up funds at between -10 billion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development to Visit Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Heating Companies want up to 332% Increase in the Price of Heating and Hot Water
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 will continue to support the Country in the Transition to a Carbon neutral Future
- » Russia has allowed Gas Supplies to Gazprom Germany for 90 days
- » EU: A Ruble Account with Gazprombank Violates the Sanctions
- » EC: Bulgaria should Reduce its overall Dependence on Fossil Fuels and their Imports