Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
A cash collection car which was transporting the turnover of a restaurant near the Struma highway was robbed.
According to information from BTV and Nova TV, the stolen amount is about BGN 500,000.
The car was transporting the money from a fast food restaurant. The robbers were in two cars, which probably had stolen license plates.
They were waiting for the collection vehicle to stop at the designated place, gas station near the highway.
The robbery took place at the exit on the Struma highway near the village of Studena. One of the guards of the car was hit in the face.
The area has been blocked by police and experts are conducting an on-site inspection. Police and investigation procedures have started, carried out under the supervision of the District Prosecutor's Office in Pernik.
This is the second such robbery in the Pernik region in the recent months.
In December 2020, four men in the city attacked a collection vehicle of the security company "VIP Security".
According to unofficial information, BGN 1 million were seized at the time, and a day later a burnt car with which the perpetrators of the robbery escaped was found near the Struma highway. The Ministry of Interior did not report any suspects or detained in that case.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital