President Radev Convenes First Session of New National Assembly on April 15
The first sitting of the newly elected 45th National Assembly will take place on Thursday (April 15th). Today, President Rumen Radev signed a decree convening it.
The sitting will start at 9.00. It should be led by the oldest MP - Mika Zaykova from "There is such a people". The leadership of the parliament must be elected afterwards, and according to unofficial information, the chairman will be from Slavi Trifonov's party - "There is such a people".
This is expected to be the attorney Iva Miteva, who until now was director of the Legislative Activity and Law Directorate of the European Union in the Parliament and advised the legal committee in writing the bills.
Each party is expected to nominate its own deputy chairman of parliament. Leader of Miteva's party - S.Trifonov himself will be absent, as he is in isolation until April 23, due to a positive coronavirus test.
According to some, a decision may be made to swear it online, as MPs have previously sat with a coronavirus, and according to others, there is no problem for this to happen later.
At the first sitting, a commission should be elected to work out the Rules of procedure of the parliament, and according to unofficial information, the one from the 44th National Assembly will remain with minor amendments.
The parties intend to change some of the election rules, as it is expected at least to solve the problem of voting quarantined, to introduce video surveillance in reporting the results and the possibility of remote voting of Bulgarians abroad.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev to Convene the 47th National Assembly on December 3
- » The First Session of the New Parliament is Expected on December 1st
- » On the Last Day of Coalition Talks: What did the Parties Agree on?
- » Zoran Zaev Resigned from his Party's Leadership Post, in December, SDSM Elects a New One
- » European Deputies, as well as the Bulgarian Socialists, want Sanctions against Russia's Private Army
- » President Radev: Bulgaria expects Dialogue with North Macedonia to Lead to Concrete Results