Bulgaria: 20,000 Policemen Will Ensure Public Order on Election Day
The Interior Ministry informed what actions have been taken to ensure public order, security and the legality of the elections. 20,000 Interior Ministry employees will be guarding voters and polls on election day.
"Tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. until 5 p.m. the necessary arrangements will be made to implement logistics plan for the transport of voting machines to the regional centers", commented the Interior Ministry.
The ministry officials reminded that an interagency unit was set up to prevent violations of the electoral process. It consists of the representatives of the Interior Ministry, the Prosecutor's Office and the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
So far, 144 reports of violation of electoral rules have been received and 163 files for preliminary checks, there are 14 pre-trial proceedings launched, 34 people are in custody and 1,053 have been detained as a precaution.
Elections for the 45th National Assembly are due on April 4, which will be held for the first time under anti-epidemic safety measures.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Cabinet Approves Budget Estimate for Upcoming Elections 2 in 1
- » New Party of Change Emerges on Bulgaria’s Political Arena
- » GERB Would again Become Bulgaria's First Poltical Force if Elections Were now - Gallup International
- » Bulgarians Head to Polls again, Pin hopes on Harvard Duo, Caretaker Ministers Petkov and Vassilev
- » President Radev: Dissolution of the National Assembly is a Matter of Days
- » Bulgaria: Populist Party Spreads Antti-Vaccine Info to Reap Election Dividends