Bulgaria: Unemployment Kept in Check, Support Measures Yield Results
On average, six unemployed people are competing for one vacancy - according to the latest Employment Agency figures as of the end of February 2021.
In 17 regions the unemployment rate is above the national average, with the highest values recorded in northwestern Bulgaria - Vidin, Montana and Vratsa.
The strongest competition is in the districts of Razgrad and Vidin, where 15 and 12 unemployed people compete for one vacancy position, respectively.
At the other pole are Sofia-city and Ruse - with 4 aspirants per vacancy.
The data show that by end of January, eight people competed for a vacancy across the country, and as of the end of December last year they were nine.
According to social analysts, the reason for the improvement of the labour market picture is mainly the anti-crisis measures taken to preserve employment.
According to the latest data, the unemployment rate in the country is 6.9%.
Traditionally the lowest level is its level in Sofia-capital – a tad under 3%, and the highest - in Vidin region - 14%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Business Climate in Bulgaria is Deteriorating, Retail is Suffering the Most
- » Bulgaria’s “Kozloduy” NPP reports a record BGN 717.5 Million Profit for the First Nine Months
- » Bansko is Preparing for the Winter Season
- » Two-Way Flight Sofia-Ruse for BGN 60-70 after February 2022
- » Vital Questions to Ask Before Buying Bitcoin
- » Bulgarian Government Negotiations: Health Care Reform is Needed