Fraud Ring Busted in Bulgaria, Six People Arrested
Six people were arrested in a raid against a crime group for financial fraud and money laundering, chief of the Specialized Prosecution Office Valentina Madzharova said at a news briefing. Over 200 people have been swindled, including foreign nationals.
One person was robbed of about one million leva
The crime group had been operating since 2017 and had two leaders. Over 40 firms were used in the scheme, signing brokership contracts and promising to the victims to double their investments overnight.
Prosecutor Madzharova added that the citizens who have been swindled by the group have various options to protect their rights and interests, and can establish themselves as victims in the case.
The raid was a joint operation by the General Directorate Combating Organized Crime and the State Agency for National Security.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Poor Roads and Lack of Control are the Main Reasons for the Large Number of Accidents
- » Turkey: Huge Forest Fire in Marmaris
- » Bulgarian TV Crew Attacked in Serbia
- » Fire in the Train Sofia - Burgas, Passengers were Evacuated near Aytos
- » A Car Crashed into Crowd of People in Berlin, One Person was Killed
- » Bulgaria: 3 Dead after a Train hit a Truck in the Vidin region (UPDATED)