Breaking News! Sofia Under Total Lockdown from Friday – Schools, Malls, Gyms, Restaurants, Kindergartens Shut Doors
The malls, restaurants, schools, kindergartens, gyms and all cultural venues in Sofia and Sofia-region will be closed with 99 percent certainty, announced Head of the Regional Health Inspectorate - Sofia Dancho Penchev.
The measures will be proposed to Sofia task force headquarters after a meeting at the Ministry of Health. It is expected, that, if adopted, the new measures to take effect by the end of the week.
Dr. Penchev announced that in the large hospitals in Sofia the beds are almost exhausted, as the pressure is mostly on the intensive care units.
"The situation in Sofia is very alarming", warned the head of the RHI -Sofia.
According to him, currently about 75% of the beds in the hospitals in Sofia are occupied.
Dancho Penchev added that the measures will not be implemented overnight, there will be a clearance interval. He said these measures, or some of them, would most likely be introduced on Friday, which is due to be clarified after a second meeting with the Health Ministry.
Dr. Bliznakov from the St. Anna University Hospital said that in his medical facility the bed base of 120 beds is occupied at 102%, and in the pediatric ward 35% of patients have coronavirus.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Because of Omicron: Japan closes its Borders to Foreigners from November 30
- » Omicron: Where was it Found and What Restrictions are Imposed over the World
- » Bulgarian Prof. Kantardzhiev: Probability that Vaccines Don’t Work at all with Omicron is Very Small
- » Bulgarian Dr. Markov: There is No Data on Difference in the Sickness Course of Omicron
- » Will Vaccines Stop the Omicron Variant
- » Britain to convene Meeting of G-7 Health Ministers over Omicron