Bulgaria Marks Holocaust Remembrance Day, March 10
On March 10, Bulgaria marks the "Day of the Holocaust and Rescue of the Bulgarian Jews" and honors the memory of the victims of the Holocaust and the victims of crimes against humanity. March 10 was designated as the Holocaust Remembrance Day by decision № 105 of the Bulgarian Council of Ministers of February 19, 2003.
In 1943, politicians and public figures from Kyustendil and Bulgarian metropolitans called on the government to oppose the planned deportation of Bulgarian Jews to the Nazi concentration camps. After 1943, nearly 50,000 Bulgarian Jews were saved.
Traditionally, various commemorative events take place in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia and other cities to mark the Day of Holocaust.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend