Plovdiv Traffic Police Congratulates Lady Drivers on March 8, Hand out Flowers
The police in Bulgaria’s second largest city of Plovdiv continues its March 8 tradition called "Flower on the road". Women drivers are stopped not for inspection, but to be given a flower for the International Women’s Day.
Plovdiv police spokesperson, Tanya Kostadinova, said they would also give a heart-shaped card to remind the ladies that someone was waiting for them to get home safe.
Police inspector, Botyo Girginov, added that in this way the police show respect for women and remind them of how important they are.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Low Danube LevelHinders Navigation at Bulgarian Section of River
- » Bulgarian Police Intercept Illegal Gold Sluicing along the Struma River
- » Prosecutor's Office Headed by Ivan Geshev Blocks Trials against Former Government, Borissov
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Code Yellow for First Frosts in Many Regions
- » Vaccination Certificate May Soon Become a Pass for Restaurant in Bulgaria
- » Border Police Search Team Looking for Man Missing at Sea