Bulgarian Border Police: 12 Illegal Migrants, Including 3 Children Detained
An Iraqi and 11 Syrians, who crossed the Bulgarian border illegally, have been detained near Svilengrad. The migrants told the border police that they wanted to seek asylum in Bulgaria.
The detainees, including three children, crossed the Maritsa River, led by a Greek smuggler, and a minibus with Bulgarian registration was waiting for them in Bulgarian territory. For their transfer to Bulgaria, each of them paid from 2,000 to 4,000 euros.
The driver of the van, a 55-year-old man from Haskovo, has been detained. He has other convictions. The people he transported were accommodated in the migration camp in Lyubimets.
The director of the Smolyan Regional Border Police Directorate, Stoyan Mandazhiiev, said there was no increased migratory pressure along the Greek-Bulgarian border
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend