Bulgaria: Minor Incident in Kozloduy NPP, Unit 5 Temporarily Closed
An incident has caused an automatic shutdown of the reactor in Unit 5 of the Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant. MP of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms Ramadan Atalay confirmed the news during morning program on BNT.
He said that the source of information the Executive Director of Kozloduy NPP.
At 1:17 a.m., a technological operation triggered the automatic reactor protection system. The necessary actions have been taken and unit‘s work will be resumed again, Atalay explained.
All operational systems have been checked. There is nothing dangerous for the public, the MP was adamant.
It became clear that only one unit of Kozloduy NPP is currently working from the operational data of the Electricity System Operator (ESO) on load over the power distribution network. It shows that at 7:58 a.m., the energy generated by the nuclear power plant is 1,009 megawatts, which means that only one unit operates in Kozloduy.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Expert: There Might be a New Rise in Gas Prices as Early as January 1
- » Sofia District Heating Director: Heating Should Rise in Price by 20% from New Year
- » Bulgaria' Special Prosecutor's Office is Dealing with High Price of Electricity
- » Tata Motors, Tata Power Inaugurate India's Largest Solar Carport in Pune
- » Bulgarian Power Industry Gears up for Green Technologies
- » IEA: Global CO2 Emissions Rise to Worrying Levels after Historic Decline in 2020