Opera Star Placido Domingo Celebrates His 80th Birthday
On January 21, the Italian opera singer and conductor, one of the most outstanding performers of our time, Placido Domingo turns 80. He was born into a family of artists and became interested in music early. Domingo first learned to play the piano and conduct, and later switched to vocals. He made his opera debut in the late 1950s. In his more than 60-year career, Placido Domingo has played about 150 parts. For over 60 years, his distinctive, sensual voice has enchanted music lovers.
Despite his age, his COVID illness in 2020 and the #MeToo accusations, the man just keeps on singing. Even at 80, Placido Domingo is still on stage.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » First Bulgarian Author Nominated for the “Booker” Award!
- » The Dobruja Pie (Banitsa) became a Protected Product not of Bulgaria, but of Romania
- » Today marks 80 years since the Rescue of the Bulgarian Jews
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Saint Theodore’s Day (Horse Easter)
- » Bulgarian Historian: Our Freedom was not Gifted to us
- » March 3rd 1918: Russia Capitulated to Bulgaria?