Bulgaria: Our Daily Bread Becomes More Expensive
The price of bread has been adjusted and was raised by BGN 0,01 in the last two weeks, said on BNT President of the National Trade Union of Bakers and Confectioners Mariana Kukusheva.
The COVID pandemic is one of the reasons for price growth, the expert revealed.
Bread is a product like all other products on the market. There are no subsidies for us, there was no government support because bakeries weren't closed, but our workers are on the frontline as well," she said.
There is a persistent trend towards higher prices of the primary raw material for bread, Kukusheva said.
You should know that under the Food Act, traders can no longer send stale bread back to their suppliers. That is why every afternoon and evening the bread delivered in the morning is sold at a reduced price, Mariana Kukusheva explained.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More Workers Exempt from Quarantine to Avoid Staff Shortages
- » Bulgaria Set to Drasrtically Increase Pensions as of 1 October
- » Bulgarian Economy Minister Petkov to Alert Prosecution Office about Ministerial Complex Project
- » Germany and US announce Deal to Allow Completion of Nord Stream 2
- » Bulgaria: National Recovery and Resilience Plan - What to Expect?
- » Tourism Industry Fears Decline in Number of Tourists in August