EC to Reimburse Bulgaria for African Swine Fever Costs
The European Commission has approved the costs that Bulgaria has incurred to combat African swine fever in 2020 and will reimburse 75% of them, the Food Agency reports.
This is the maximum allowable percentage under European legislation and the sum amounts to over BGN 15 million.
Earlier, the European Commission restored to Bulgaria more than BGN 22 million for measures implemented to contain the infection in 2019. Veterinary authorities report that outbreaks of African swine fever in Bulgaria have decreased by 60% this year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria and 20+ Nations in Ambitious Push to Triple Nuclear Energy by 2050
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister Reports State Budget Deficit Drop in November
- » Bulgargaz Announces Proposed 6.5% Increase in December's Natural Gas Price
- » Bulgaria: 85% of Population Reside in Owned Homes
- » Tech Industry's Resilience: Bulgaria Foresees Slower Software Sector Growth
- » Bulgarian and Ukrainian Agriculture Ministers Forge Agreement on Export Licensing System for Key Crop