Baby Boom in Bulgaria During the Pandemic
A mini baby boom in Sofia and Plovdiv was reported after the first lockdown. 30% more babies were born in October and 20% in November. Expectations for a real birth boom are for this month (December).
"Definitely more babies are born in the second half of the year. We have about a hundred more newborns compared to this period in 2019, "said Dr. Gergana Kolarova, director of the First General Hospital" St. Sofia ".
According to her, COVID-19 has strengthened the fears of expectant mothers. "In principle, there are no risks for the baby. A pregnant woman should take care of herself. She is not ill, but her immunity is lowered. It is good for future mothers to do a test for the amount of Vitamin D in the blood, "explained the doctor. According to her, pregnant women should only consult their doctor and not get information from uncertain sources. So far, 4 babies have been born in St. Sophia to mothers infected with coronavirus.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has the Lowest GDP per capita in the EU
- » We move the Clocks forward an Hour on Sunday
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 133 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather in Bulgaria, in the morning with Reduced Visibility
- » Researchers Reveal how Bone Health is Associated with Dementia