IOC Confirmed Thomas Bach Is the Only Candidate for Presidency
The International Olympic Committee said Thomas Bach will have no opponents for his reelection as president in a vote scheduled in March.
More than 100 IOC members were told Bach is the only candidate for the presidential poll at their meeting due to be staged in Athens.
The German lawyer's reelection seemed a formality after around 50 voting members publicly supported his candidacy in July at their annual meeting held virtually.
Bach is eligible for four more years in office after winning an eight-year term in 2013. His final term begins officially after the Tokyo Olympics close on August 8.
Bach who is the Olympic champion in Fencing was elected President of IOC in 2013 and succeeded on the post Jacques Rougeau.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » UEFA Opens ‘disciplinary investigation’ against Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus
- » UEFA to Punish Super League Teams with Disciplinary Action
- » Bulgarian Top Player Grigor Dimitrov Will Face Lloyd Harris at Madrid Masters
- » European Super League Collapsed less than 72 Hours After It Was Announced
- » Real Madrid President Perez - Super League Created to 'save football'
- » FIFA President Warns Super League Clubs: Either You Are In Or You Are Out