Joe Biden Criticizes Trump for Sending “Damaging Message” to the World
On Thursday President-elect Joe Biden sought to raise pressure on President Trump to concede defeat and grant him access to government intelligence, warning that the president's efforts to overturn the election are sending a "damaging" message to the rest of the world about American democracy, as well as putting lives at risk during a pandemic.
Speaking from near his home in Wilmington, Del., after a meeting with a bipartisan group of governors, Biden said there was "no excuse" for the Trump administration to continue to deny him access to government officials and intelligence briefings, as is customary in a transition process.
Asked about the president's efforts to overturn the election, Biden paused and looked off into the distance to collect his thoughts, saying he wanted to choose his words carefully.
"I think we're witnessing something that is incredibly irresponsible," Biden said. "Incredibly damaging messages being sent to the rest of the world about how democratic functions ... I don't know his motives, but it's totally irresponsible."
Trump's General Services Administration (GSA) has refused to ascertain Biden as the likely winner of the election, despite the president-elect holding a comfortable margin in the Electoral College./MSN
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Former Financial Minister Ananiev Has Broken Law, says Caretaker FM Vasilev
- » EU Foreign Ministers Meet in Luxemburg Monday to Slap Tougher Sanction on Lukashenko
- » Caretaker Interior Minister: Top Prosecutor Covers up for Corrupt Politicians, Magistrates in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria and North Macedonia Have New Chance to Work Togerther towards Ignoring out All Misunderstandings
- » Record: 791 Polling Stations Abroad for Upcoming Parliamentary Elections
- » Bulgarian CEC Signed Contract for Technical Support of Voting Machines for Upcoming Elections