Strong 5.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Northern Macedonia
A magnitude 5.2 earthquake was registered early this morning in Northern Macedonia. This is shown by the data of the Institute of Geophysics, Geodesy and Geography of BAS. The quake occurred at 04:54 local time.
The epicenter was in the area between Tetovo and Gostivar, 50 km southwest of the capital Skopje, BGNES said. The Skopje Seismological Observatory said the quake was strongest in Gostivar and Mavrovo, and slightly weaker in Skopje, Tetovo, Bitola and Prilep.
According to Albanian television Ora News, tremors were also felt in Albania, Kosovo, Serbia and Bulgaria.
No casualties were reported.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Temperatures are Dropping, Dangerous Weather in half of Bulgaria
- » At least 3,000 Dead Dolphins in the Black Sea – Military Sonars Blind them
- » EU to Ban the Sale of Petrol and Diesel Cars by 2035
- » Storm in Sofia, Underpasses Flooded
- » The Astronomical Summer begins Today
- » Bulgaria: The Most Polluting Cars Out of the Center of Sofia during Winter