PM Boyko Borissov: EC Must Find a Plan for Countries with Coal Dominated Energy Industries
“I wholeheartedly support the fight against climate change, environmental protection, low carbon emissions. But at the same time we want a plan to be found, with the European Commission, for the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, whose energy industries are very much dependent on coal. Bulgaria is one such country – almost 6t0% of its energy is produced from coal,” said Prime Minister Boyko Borissov before the start of the regular session of the European Council in Brussels, as quoted by BNT.
Boyko Borissov called for more solidarity within the EU in the fight against Covid-19.
“It is of utmost importance that vaccines be made available to all member countries in a transparent and fair way, that we help our health systems endure because any economic lockdown now would be fatal,” he said./BNR
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM Boyko Borissov: Bulgaria Will Start Importing Azeri Gas by January 1
- » Analysis: Energy Policy in Bulgaria – Too Much Of Everything
- » Bulgaria's PM: We Will Construct Unit 7 of Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant with American Reactor
- » Low Carbon Voltage
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding: BGN 50 Million Loan for Mini Maritsa Iztok
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Arrives in Athenes Where Will Be Signed the Contract for Gas Terminal Near Alexandroupolis