Bulgarians Detained in an International Operation Against Cyber Criminals
Bulgarian citizens have been arrested in an international operation against a criminal group that took part in money laundering of millions of euros stolen by hackers.
The operation was conducted under the guidance of Europol and was led by the Portuguese police and the FBI, the AP reported, citing the European Police Cooperation Agency.
In addition to the Bulgarians, the group included citizens of Russia, Latvia, Georgia, Romania and Belgium, according to the US Department of Justice. According to them, the criminal organization stole money from citizens of the United States and European countries.
A total of 40 places were searched in Bulgaria, Spain, Italy and Latvia - and more than half of the searches were conducted in the Baltic country, BNR clarifies. Six people were detained in Latvia and the United Kingdom. Four arrests were made in Spain, and one each in Portugal, Poland, the United States and Australia, Europol said./AP
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Timing Matters: 10-Hour Eating Window Enhances Mood and Hunger, Study Finds
- » Alarming Reality: 17% of Bulgarian Babies and Young Children Live in Poverty
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mild and Windy Saturday, Rain Approaching Sunday
- » This Month is Sofia's 50th Book Fair: A Literary Milestone
- » Sexual Transmission Dominates New HIV Cases in Bulgaria
- » Sofia University Secures Top Spot in Bulgarian Higher Education Rankings