Alexander Andreev is the New Chairman of Bulgaria's Central Election Commission
Parliament has elected Alexander Andreev chairman of the Central Election Commission (CEC), BGNES reports. The candidacy of the current speaker and member of the commission was supported by 119 MPs, and 54 voted against.
The proposal for him to take the post formally came from the Federation of Independent Student Associations, but was recognized by the GERB parliamentary group. The other parties in parliament did not exercise their right to nominate a resignation candidate for the resigned Stefka Stoeva, leaving Andreev virtually the only contestant.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%
- » Bulgaria: Revenue Growth of nearly 13%
- » Vestbee launches New Program to Support Cleantech Startups
- » Bulgarian Finance Minister: Next Year the Minimum Wage should become BGN 940
- » Trump: I will be Arrested on Tuesday! Go out to Protest!
- » Despite the High Prices of Eggs in Bulgaria - They are Still the Cheapest in the EU