Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
Early this morning, an action of the Specialized Prosecutor's Office started in four districts of the capital.
The operation is aimed at a group that is reportedly involved in usury and racketeering. There is an increased police presence in the area of the action. Searches are being conducted at more than 20 addresses in various districts of the capital, as well as personal searches of persons. Witnesses are being questioned.
So far, 14 people have been detained for a period of 24 hours under the Ministry of Interior Act, the prosecutor's office said. 3 cars, a gas pistol, gold, money, documents and other evidence were seized.
According to NOVA TV, five more people were taken for questioning.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene