Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
BGN 50 million will be provided with the new budget for 2021 to increase the salaries of university teachers. This was stated by Prime Minister Boyko Borissov during a meeting with the leadership of the Council of Rectors, which was also attended by Deputy Prime Minister Tomislav Donchev and Minister of Education and Science Krassimir Valchev, the government's information service said.
Education is a major priority of the government, which is confirmed by the provided increase in funds for the remuneration of teachers in higher education. In the course of the conversation, it was noted that in the last two years the government has significantly increased teachers' salaries and implemented important reforms for the sector.
The increase, which was discussed at the meeting with the Prime Minister today, is in connection with the amendment of the Higher Education Act from February, according to which the Council of Ministers will determine the minimum salary for the academic position of "assistant". This will affect remuneration for other academic positions as well. The bill was introduced in the National Assembly in early 2019 and is part of the government's long-term commitment to education.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Number of Students Willing to Study Abroad Dwindling - Bulgarian Education Ministry
- » Schools not Observing Anti-Epidemic Measures Will Be Closed - Ministry of Education
- » Attendance in Person at Most Universities in Bulgaria
- » Start of School Year in Bulgaria
- » Top 7 Universities in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Students up to 4th Grade will be Without Masks in Class