Emergency Situation in Bulgaria May Be Extended By Another Two Months
The Chief State Health Inspector Assoc. Prof. Dr. Angel Kunchev will propose that the emergency situation be extended by another two months. According to him, the measures to combat COVID-19 will not be tightened.
Earlier, Kunchev participated in a discussion on "COVID-19 - challenges and solutions for hospitals." At the event, he said that the health care system is prepared for greater morbidity than that currently observed in our country. "But I'm worried about the high mortality rate. We are in third place after Romania. The percentage of affected medical staff is also worrying, "he said.
In two weeks, cases in Europe have jumped by an average of 20%. However, there are countries with more than 80%. "Against this background, Bulgaria is one of the very few countries with a decrease and it is minus 2.7%. It is not much, but against the background of the general increase, it is indicative that after the plateau in August we managed to achieve a few weeks of gradual reduction of cases, "he said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Financial Times: Bulgaria Joins Europe’s “Аwkward” Squad
- » Belarus - Over 300 Protesters Arrested after this Weekend's Protest Against Lukashenko
- » Rosen Rapchev: Road Accidents in Bulgaria Decrease by Nearly 25%
- » Jens Stoltenberg: Trans-Atlantic Relations between Allies Will Improve
- » Russia Sends Medical Aid to Nagorny Karabakh, Military Doctors Help Civilians
- » Iran’s Top Nuclear Scientist to Be Buried Today