COVID-19 in Austria: New Measures Announced
Austria is currently in a phase of gradual and secure re-opening. This process is being closely monitored and containment measures are being (re-)introduced as and where needed.
The borders to most European countries are now open again (details). For all other countries, cross-border travel is still strongly discouraged, impossible, or possible only if certain conditions are met. Please check both Austrian and local regulations before booking a trip.
Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz announced on Thursday that the country will impose new measures in an effort to curb the spread of the coronavirus amid a new rise in infections.
Kurz noted that the number of cases doubled over the last two weeks and stressed the government must react in order to ensure another lockdown is avoided.
From Monday, 21 September, guests are required to wear a mask in restaurants whenever they are not sitting at their table. Maximum number of people per table: 10. Any private indoor celebrations or meetings (except funerals) are also limited to 10 people. Masks are now required at markets, trade fairs, and religious celebrations./Austria.info
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Maradona’s Death to Be Investigated!
- » Commission for Consumer Protection: Let's Not Go Hysterical over Black Friday Sales
- » European Commission Nods to EUR 511 Million for Support of Bulgarian Economy
- » Bulgarian Parliament Approves Tax Relief for Families with Children
- » Sofia Taxi Drivers Stage Protest Rally, Ask for Business Help
- » COVID-19: South Korea Records Highest Number of New Covid-19 Cases in 8 Months