Protests in Bulgaria, Day 69: White Paper Lanterns Flew Over Government Buildings
The 69th night of anti-government protests passed calmly and without escalating tensions. Traffic on Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd. was blocked and white paper lanterns flew over government buildings.
Shortly after 9 pm, the people left for their traditional procession to the Eagle Bridge.
In the square, people are adamant that they will not give up until they achieve their goals. They listen to recordings of Boyko Borissov's speeches, recalling his words that President Radev filmed him with a drone and other comments.
Protesters chanted deafeningly "resignation", "mafia", "goons out" under the windows of power.
The dissatisfied, mostly young people, remain adamant in their demands - the resignation of the government, the resignation of Chief Prosecutor Ivan Geshev and the holding of fair elections.
The organizers called for surprises for the government today.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia Will Supply Bulgaria With a Drug Against COVID-19
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Over 300 Students Quarantined in Blagoevgrad
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 160 New Cases, 12 Death
- » Bulgaria Provides BGN 50 Million to Increase Salaries of University Lecturers
- » Earthquake 3.6 Magnitute in Albania
- » Emergency Epidemic Situation in Bulgaria Is Extended to November 30