Kornelia Ninova Won the First Direct Election for Chairperson of the Bulgarian Socialist Party
Kornelia Ninova won the first direct election for chairperson of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) with 81.5% of the vote. One of her rivals, Kiril Dobrev (Ninova's deputy so far) won 14.9% of the vote.
The turnout was 67%. The list of voters included 80,236 names
"The election of the BSP chairperson was fair. The party’s election commission created equal conditions for all candidates. The elections were transparent for the media. Everyone could observe the election process without restrictions ", said Emil Voynov - Chairman of the party’s election commission./BNT
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » All You Have to Know about the Upcoming General Election in Bulgaria
- » Will China Join Military Alliance with Russia to Take on US?
- » Bulgaria on Election Eve: Political Leaders, Medical Professionals Are Key Election Runners in Major Cities
- » US Secretary of State Congratulates Bulgarians on National Liberation Day
- » Orban’s Party Leaves EPP over Breach of EU Rules
- » Russia Talks Tough in Response to US and EU Sanctions